Navigating the Psalms
Why do we read a Psalm every Sunday in worship? How do we understand the Psalms? How do you navigate through such a large and varied book of Scripture?
This Navigating the Psalms series addresses these questions and more.
We will explore Psalms of Orientation (August 2, 2020), Disorientation (August 9, 2020) and Reorientation (August 16, 2020).
Book Study: The Color of Compromise
The study of Jemar Tisby‘s book, The Color of Compromise: The Truth about the American Church’s Complicity in Racism has begun! But there is still plenty of time to join!
The next meeting will be Friday, August, 7 at 7:30 pm.
For more information contact Dana Dalbak or Alicia Erwin.
Please remember there are a host of resources available to you through our church library!
The latest resources included titles on Christian theologies of race, justice, poverty and ministry to the poor, worship, discipleship, and the Psalms, as well as print editions of Christianity Today magazine from January 2020 to the present.
If you would like a recommendation or help accessing the library through the week, please contact Pastor Scott.
Additional Timely Reading & Listening
On Netflix: 13th documentary directed by Ava DuVernay
On Amazon Prime Video: The Color of Compromise video study series starring author Jemar Tisby
“Teesha Hadra and John Hambrick on Race”, Conversing with Mark Labberton Podcast from Fuller Studio at Fuller Theological Seminary
Our kids’ library has many titles that feature characters of diverse racial, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds. Contact Pastor Scott if you need help accessing the church library.
- The Bible for Young Children by Marie-Hélèn Delval
- I Am a Bear by Jean-François Dumont
- God’s Dream by Archbishop Desmond Tutu & Douglas Carlton Abrams
- Martin Luther King, Jr. and the March on Washington by Frances E. Ruffin
- He’s Got the Whole World in His Hands by Kadir Nelson
- Women of the Bible by Margaret McAllister
- The Lord’s Prayer illustrated by Tim Ladwig
- I’m Your Child, God: Prayers for Our Children by Marian Wright Edelman
- When God Made You by Matthew Paul Turner