You might be wondering, “just what exactly is The Jake?” … Well, for starters:
- We want to promote/foster/teach/proclaim an ever-increasing high view of God; our mantra for this comes from Jonathan Edwards: a God-entranced vision of all things.
- We desire to do all we can by God’s grace to be authentic; to not play “churchianity”. Hopefully, we rejoice with those who rejoice and weep with those who weep. Pivotal to our body life is our Wednesday night prayer meeting. We are excited to just be launching a small group ministry. Now would be a great time to get connected.
- We aim to be missional. It is very important that we connect with the church globally, for they can teach us much about passion for the King and we can do much to encourage them through our resources and Kingdom connections.
- We attempt to engage our community in creative and useful ways. Our community garden is such an engagement.
- We intend to be relevant in worship style. We have a praise band which sings all kinds of worship music. We often show movie clips to support or introduce the message. and messages often engage those in attendance dialogically.
Want to know more about us? Just ask!