God’s Magnificent Mirror: His Confidence
God’s Vision for the Future – Firmly Rooted in His Commitment to Creation and Blessing
Write it on your heart, your hand, your doorpost – wherever you will continually be reminded.
Three Sundays from now…
…our new Basque students will be with us. We still need one family to “risk the blessing” of hosting! Note: all the Jake families which signed up this year hosted last year.
I love to gaze out my office window…
…and soak in whatever view the season offers.
Right now, I can enjoy the growing garden and pray for the many folks who work in it, walk in it, and find it a safe and sacred place to spend time.
In the fall, I will watch the leaves drift down and the pumpkins ripen and the birds peck on the remnants of the harvest.
The winter offers a powerful picture of the prayer stones silhouetted, sometimes with snow, other times as standards against the bleak midwinter scene. A “murder” of dozens of crows gathers every evening just before dark. *
Then spring comes along; the asparagus pushes through and we’re on our way again through another cycle of life and growth and harvest and fallow and life and…
I have no fear as I look out at the garden; rather, I always have hope, for I know the plans we have for it and I trust those committed gardeners and I know that in the end, all will be well…
This world is God’s garden. He delights in blessing and sowing and reaping and He knows what the future will yield. He cannot even entertain the notion that His garden will not finally be all He has planned; so it is with hope in future glories that He does the work of The Master Gardener.
* murder = the collective noun for a group of crows
News & Announcements:
- PRAYER GATHERING WEDNESDAY @ 7:00
- Softball – Wednesday, 7:00
- Muxu Bat! Remember: we are to encourage them to speak English to us and each other! Our new Basque friends arrive June 28! Plan to be part of the wonder of it all! We hit a home run with the airport welcome last year. Nothing less will do! Each person who befriends a Basque student in the Name of Christ is a gospel message.
- Kids’ Bibles: We were recently privileged to donate 8 Story Book Bibles to the Home Sweet Home Mission to be given as birthday presents to kids. Lord, use them for your glory and the children’s souls!
- Children’s Church Change: During the summer months, beginning next Sunday, there will be no 3rd-5th grade Sunday School class offered due to sporadic attendance and the need for additional teachers. Thank you for your understanding. – Cary