Queen of Lawbreakers, Esther the Brave
Ladies First, Story Nine
When the turn came for Esther the daughter of Abihail the uncle of Mordecai, who had taken her as his own daughter, to go in to the king… Now Esther was winning favor in the eyes of all who saw her. And when Esther was taken to King Ahasuerus, into his royal palace… the king loved Esther more than all the women, and she won grace and favor in his sight more than all the virgins, so that he set the royal crown[a] on her head and made her queen…(from Esther 2)
Simply put, Purim (the feast from the Book of Esther) is about “reversal.” We tend to use the term reversal most often as a negative, as in “so and so suffered a reversal.” However, reversal is a neutral word and can refer to a turnaround from negative to positive just as readily as the other way. Purim is about such a reversal.
The women in this series had their own reversals. Take a moment and jot down how each of these women’s stories include a reversal… and how each is evidence of the truth of Genesis 50:20 – “what you meant for evil, God meant for good.”
Rachel & Leah:___________________________________
News & Announcements
- House Blessing @ Dan and Kaetlyn Hubbard’s Wednesday, Nov. 16, 7:00
- Advocate Bromenn Partners in Prayer for Nov. – Emergency Department (ED) The Current ED at the Medical Center has 18 beds, four of which are dedicated to cardiac emergencies and traumas. There are one to two emergency trained physicians in house 24×7. Approximately 90 patients are seen a day in this area.
- Our traditional “Deck the Halls”evening: decorating the church, enjoying Christmas music, and pizza.Sunday, Nov. 27 @ 5:00
- Attention Jr. High youth and their parents! We have spots reserved for you and your friends at the Jan. 20-22 ICE CAMP Weekend Retreat at Miracle Camp. We would love for any Jr. high students and their friends to join us! More details coming soon! Email Cary with questions.
- Calling young(er) couples (under 40 – no offense)! Hire a babysitter and join us for a potluck holiday meal at The Jake on Friday, Dec. 9th at 6:30pm! Bring a dish to pass and enjoy fellowship with other couples! Who knows, maybe this will be a monthly thing?! email Cary to RSVP.